LIFESTYLE NEWS - This healthy dish takes just a few ingredients and a few minutes to make.
You will need:
- Three tablespoons extra virgin olive oil.
- Half a teaspoon whole brown mustard seeds.
- A quarter teaspoon whole fennel seeds.
- 10 fresh basil leaves, torn.
- 500 grams plain white mushrooms, sliced.
- One clove garlic, sliced.
- A quarter teaspoon fine sea salt.
- An eighth of a teaspoon cayenne pepper.
- Two to three teaspoons lime or lemon juice.
What to do:
In a large frying pan, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add in the mustard seeds and heat them for just a few seconds until they start to pop. Then add in the fennel seeds and basil. Stir for about 30 seconds, and add in the mushrooms and garlic. Continue to stir; cooking the mixture for a few more minutes until mushrooms begin to lose their liquid.
Add in the salt, cayenne pepper and the lime juice, and stir for another minute or so. Taste and adjust seasonings to suit your preference.
Serve with noodles or rice.